How to Help Relieve External Itching Down There
External feminine itching is a fact of life. Irritation down there after a workout, bath, long walk, sex or when you’re trying to relax at night is both common and frustrating. Help temporarily relieve external itching on your lady bits with RepHresh™ Vaginal Anti-Itch Cooling Relief Spray.
What Causes External Feminine Itching?
In a word: sensitivity. Your external vaginal area is sensitive, which is a good thing during sexy times, but not so great when your vagina gets irritated by everyday living. If you’re active, sweat, take baths, have periods, or walk around frequently, you can irritate your privates and experience the dreaded – but very common – external feminine itch.
Most vulvar itch is caused by everyday reasons, such as soaps, detergents, fragrances and friction. Being alive and possessing a vagina is reason enough to experience external feminine itch. Here are some common causes:
- Be careful what touches down there: The sensitive skin around your vagina can get irritated by clothing, menstrual products, chafing, lotions, fragrance or a sensitivity to latex condoms, gloves or sex toys.
- Watch when you wipe or wash: Colored or perfumed toilet paper, bubble bath or bath salts, soap used to wash your private parts, or chlorinated water from a swimming pool are all potential causes of vulvar itching.
- Let your vagina breathe: Wearing tight stretch pants, a wet bathing suit or wet workout clothes for longer periods of time can also lead to external feminine itch. So, too, can non-cotton underwear or panties without a cotton liner.
- Take care when you ride: Riding a horse, motorcycle or bicycle can create wetness and friction that can lead to external vaginal itching.
- Lubes & other fluids: Condom lubricant, pleasure-enhancing gels, spermicides, and your own and your partner’s fluids can irritate your vagina and throw off your pH, causing odor after sex, even if you clean up.
- Stage of Life: Peri- and post-menopausal women have a greater chance of experiencing external vaginal itching as well due to lower estrogen levels and thinner, dryer vulvar skin.
Hydrocortisone to Relieve Itching; Aloe & Chamomile for Cooling
If you’re experiencing less-than-pleasant external vaginal itch, there are solutions to temporarily relieve it. You’re right to be careful about what you use on your privates (didn’t we just say it’s sensitive), so don’t try any old product or home remedy that is supposed to stop itching down there.
Have you heard of RepHresh™ Vaginal Anti-Itch Cooling Relief Spray? It contains hydrocortisone, the #1 doctor-recommended anti-itch ingredient, in a formula that’s specifically designed for your front bottom. Soothing aloe and chamomile help cool your skin and temporarily relieve external feminine itching without irritating your vagina further with fragrances or chemicals that aren’t meant for your pubic area.
An External Feminine Itch Product that’s Ready When You Need It
RepHresh™ Vaginal Anti-Itch Cooling Relief Spray is a fast-acting topical formula you can use anywhere and anytime you need it. The bottle is small, so it fits in pockets, purses, and packs, and the 360° nozzle means you can spray it in any direction – even upside down. That makes it easy to reach the vulva and pinpoint the itchy, irritated area down there during a bathroom break.
Relief from common external feminine itching is in your hands. It only takes one spray of RepHresh™ Vaginal Anti-Itch Cooling Relief Spray to help neutralize odor and temporarily relieve external itching after a workout, hike, or a long day at school or work.
A Suite of Products for a Healthy Vag
Although your vag is an incredible, self-cleaning tool, it does need some care and maintenance to stay awesome.
The RepHresh™ brand offers other products to help keep your vajayjay happy and healthy. You can combine RepHresh™ Vaginal Anti-Itch Cooling Relief Spray with other RepHresh™ brand products to help maintain your microbiome, balance your pH, or help with odor or discomfort.